Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No brush: Winter Wonderland

This painting is acrylics on canvas. I used a sponge instead of a brush, for the texture when stamped and the similarity to a brush when dragged. I love winter settings and the colors you can get from a sunset, so I found a landscape that combined both of these elements to be the reference for my painting. I found it difficult to separate the colors in my head so I could paint them in layers, so I took the photo into a digital art program (SAI) and separated the image into layers of similar colors. This made it a lot easier to paint, but I got to a point where I was happy with the painting even though I saw improvements I could make and ended up just calling it finished where it is now. Mixing the colors each time was also a pain and often I had to go over the entire painting again because I couldn't get the same color again. Though it could be improved greatly, I like it. It also got some compliments in class so that's good.

1 comment:

  1. The color seperation was a god idea, and if the reader had not been told, this picture would not have let the audiance know the picture was altered. Good unifying work.

    ReplyDelete