Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sketchbook Kitchen Objects: Space



The following are for another sketchbook assignment, this time we were to create a series of three drawings based on one theme using found kitchen objects as our reference. All are drawn in pencil. I had trouble with this but after setting up a few things and discovering they reminded me of a satellite, I concluded a good theme would be "Space". Another interesting note to make is that they are all drawn in the same location, but from slightly different angles(in reference to the table)
  • Here I have a glass bottle and folded napkin on my kitchen table to form a rocket. I like this one the least because it seems too simple and doesn't really strike people as being a rocket when they see it.






  •  This one is a bit more successful I think, meant to look like an alien's flying saucer. I made it out of two plates and a clear glass bowl. Everything was sitting on some books but I didn't draw them, to give it a flying effect.





  •  And finally, my favorite, Sputnik. There are some obvious proportion mistakes on the fork and the shadows are a bit off in some places but I like it the best.

1 comment:

  1. A unique and creative theme, gave you a lot of freedom to work with. I'm sorry I did not immedietly realize the unifying concept when you showed these to me, but now that I understand, I like!

    ReplyDelete