Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Spraypainted Stencils/Apple in a Bag


These two are very different in technique and design but are both assignments I took on with the Art3 Honors class at the beginning of the year.
  • For this one I cut a triangle and a random floopy shape out of some black construction paper for stencils, and then took them outside and spray painted over them on a white sheet of paper. I didn't really have a goal for this, but I like how it turned out. It kind of looks like pieces of glass layered on top of each other to me.



  • This was a drawing we did to practice stippling and cross-hatching shading techniques. We wee originally supposed to try only one style, but two worked well in some images and I wanted to try it. I learned that I really hate cross-hatching from this. I hated this a lot when I finished it, but looking at it now I see that I did partly succeed in some areas. I also notice that the apple looks a little oddly shaped. Overall... meh. 

1 comment:

  1. ...I see nothing wrong with the apple. And the floopy shape is amazing! We can name it. Bilbo a good name?

    ReplyDelete