Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No Brush: Fruit

 I used mostly a palette knife and a little bit of plastic knife to paint this piece, using colors I mixed myself out of only the primary colors; blue, yellow, and red. I believe I was told this was only for practice, but it turned out to be much more than that for me, and I consider this to be one of my all-time favorite pieces. I love the stained-glass feel and the warmth of the colors. I think I actually enjoyed using the spatula more than I would a brush! I don't think I originally intended for this to look like a smile, I just wanted to have varying colors that would not require me to paint a complex pattern. However, in the end, it does look like a very happy fruit monster, and I'm not unhappy that it does look that way. I LOVED this project, and hope to do more like it.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked this project. I thought it was a lot of fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could have fruit-creatures for your concentration!

    ReplyDelete